Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Imperial - HN White Sole Agent Cleveland O. (Read 2839 times)
OldSchoolEuph
Sitting In

Trumpets, trombones and
tubas . . . oh my!

Imperial - HN White Sole Agent Cleveland O.
Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I bought an Imperial because the Ebay photos showed it had the distinctive rope-like trim used on McMillin Crown Brand horns. White & his former boss had shared stencil suppliers, so I was curious. When I took the horn apart, it became clear from all of the components in common with White's first line of King cornets (1905-1918) it was fairly clear that White was making these horns. This imitation Conn Perfected Wonder/Circus Bore became the King Junior in 1920 showing its McMillin trim in the catalog. After McMillins death in 24, it remained in production without the trim and became the Cleveland 601 in the 30s. Has anyone seen this horn under other stencil names? Also, does anyone know of other models stenciled by White as Imperials?

IP Logged

kenton
YaBB Administrator

Re: Imperial - HN White Sole Agent Cleveland O.
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
The McMillin -White connection had not previously registered with me.  I'm glad you pointed that out.  But, I wonder if McMillin and White used the same stencil supplier and then White moved on to having the supplier provide parts and/or components.  It could be that the Imperial was still a stencil, and the later White products simply incorporated the design and parts.

We do have a Imperial valve trombone in the catlog:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint